Wednesday 29 November 2017

What On Earth Have I Been Doing?



2017 has been a very busy year - so busy, in fact, that I have neglected this blog of mine terribly. So, what on earth have I been doing?

Well, among other things ...

I have been collaborating with my partner in love and rock 'n' roll, Harry 'Dream' Dean, on the recently released Dream Giant album. It's an upbeat, sunshine psych-pop bag full of kaleidoscopic, indie treats. I'm pleased to report that it has been embraced with open arms by BBC and Radio 6 DJs like Lauren Laverne, Steve Lamacq and Gary Crowley. It's been a riot performing live with the 5 piece band, playing keys and belting out the boy-girl harmonies.

I'm also working on producing a band that I've been a fan of for the last couple years: self-professed Blakeian fairies, The Butterfly Wheel. Having learned so much on the long road to becoming a solo musician and producing my own work, it's a real pleasure to be expanding my creative world by working with musicians I admire. The project is ongoing - watch this mystic space!

Meanwhile, I have developed an obsession with fairy tales. Well, I'm more obsessed than I was previously, anyway - and this preoccupation has led me down a dark, forest path to write my own. I have a collection of original tales underway. While they are entirely new tales, not reworkings of traditional stories, there is one infamous character who keeps visiting my pages - the Slavic witch, Baba Yaga. She is so wise, so frightening, so fierce. She is the crone-mother we both need and fear because she tells so many truths. The stories I am writing are feminist tales with environmental and LGBT themes. I so look forward to sharing them. They are very restless, and keep threatening to hop off my pages in search of readers before I can complete my editing spells! Patience, my darlings, patience.

And then, of course, the Moth Rah album is gradually being breathed into existence. I do plan more shows for next year. I know things have been quiet for a while.

If you have read the above, you will understand why cobwebs have been gathering over this blog these last months. I am updating regularly on Instagram and, semi-regularly, on Facebook. If you want Moth Rah updates, follow me there.

Winter blessings to you, may your fire burn bright through the cold months,

Cassandra Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

No comments:

Post a Comment