Monday 8 June 2015

Song of the Dreamer


The final song from the Wild Wedding EP: Song of the Dreamer.

Featuring the drumming talents of Nicky Francis (Goldheart Assembly) and guitar from Harry 'Dream' Dean (Bear Driver).

Lyrics:

A child or a princess, a girl in a blue dress, 
with bluebells and lilacs laced into her petticoat, 
Oh! take me by the ribbon in your hair, 
And lead me the way of the dreamer. 

I seek you inhaling the blood of the poppy. 
I look for your name in the smoke of the drowsy leaves. 

Oh, take me by the ribbon in your hair 
And lead me the way of the dreamer. 

There, I can see you at the gate of your garden! 
A foolish, enchanting truth in your eyes. 
Turn from me, you know I will follow, 
Til you tell me with laughter, 
The reason I wander, forever through mazes 
That vanish into dark. 

Oh take me and let me dissolve in the sound of forever and ever. 
I trust you and follow but where do you lead me? 
Through sunlight and haze and nightingale song. 
You lead me with singing until I have lost you 
and never can follow but fall to the ground 
As sleep gently pulls me away.

...

Cassandra x

No comments:

Post a Comment